Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sad Lines


All I had
Was sad lines
In my poems

There were no rays
Of sunshine
Among my words
No little chirping or melody
Like that of birds

My poems were ugly
There was no beauty
Of joy and excitement
No fun so you could
Show your teeth
Whenever you read them

My poems were painful
Just by looking at them
You`d be sad and depressed

There was no happiness
No matter how I tried
I just couldn`t lie to myself

My days I spent lonely
Away from home
Just so I could be alone
And write a sad poem

Line by line
I jotted them down
Never a smile, only a frown
It felt so good feeling so bad
These sad little poems
Were all I ever had

Line by line
And coast to coast
Corner to corner
And post to post
My sad little poems
Were what I had
Loved the most

1 comment:

  1. Leon, lust something to inspire you ... keep on writing my brother...
    "Believe in yourself and in your own voice, because there will be
    times in this business when you will be the only one who does. Take
    heart from the knowledge that an author with a strong voice will
    often have trouble at the start of his or her career because strong,
    distinctive voices sometimes make editors nervous. But in the end,
    only the strong survive."- Jayne Ann Krentz

    ReplyDelete