Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Broken Wings




These broken wings were all I ever had
Down and out I was so sad
In this world I was so lonely because I never knew
Anyone would really care about me

Then you came along and you took me
In your gentle hands
 that`s where you held me
You looked at me
And smiled
                                                So soothing and so mild
I felt your healing powers vibrating through me

Broken dreams, and
A broken heart
A broken soul, broken life torn all apart
Shattered like a glass
Both future and the past
There were no answers
To all the questions I ever asked

You came along and you changed my world
Transformed my life
Gave me a new heart
And healed my soul

You were only a stranger
To me
But somehow I felt deeply
As if I knew you
From somewhere,
Maybe in another life sometime before
It never mattered
 You were here
To heal my scars
My wounds
And cast away my fears

The power of love
Can do so much
You weren`t around me
But I felt your strong Presence
And your personal touch.
You healed me.

I felt immense joy
Overwhelming happiness, extreme excitement
And a youthful jubilation
Lord, this must be
My revelation

From the sorrowful life of broken wings
To an awaken divination
That inspired the greatest
Of things
You have taken my
And used your healing hands of love
To heal me once again

Today, no more
You`ve taught me how
To live a new life
Now I can fly and be free

2 comments:

  1. this is the title poem of my new self published book. please click the link in the poem and it will lead you to the book.

    ReplyDelete