Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

I Was A Tree


I was a tree without leaves
I bear no fruit
Struggling from a youth
Searching for the truth

The ground was hallow
I had no roots
Neither was there any route
That could lead me
To the truth

I suffered and toiled
For some fresh clean soil
I felt separated from
My environment
Like water and oil

Nobody knew me
They pass me everyday
Standing in the wind
Side to side I sway

I watched them tasted of other`s fruit
In which they found delight
But I knew deep down that
 I would blossom
When the time is right

Within me was a heart
That never dies
With hope and a firm belief
I persevered through
life`s fight

It was a day when
No one was here
Someone transplanted me
In a different atmosphere
I felt as though I was growing all over
The burden of life was lifted from my shoulder

It was my season
And it shows
As old leaves fade away
Fresh, bright, green ones started to grow

To their amazement
They looked up at me
With awe
The sight of my fruitfulness strained their eyes
And a longing for my taste
Erupted in their stomach
Surprise and mystery filled their minds
And they wondered from whence
Came a tree of my kind

But it was I who was always standing here
I was the one you showed no care
But now all my despair
Have been repaired


No comments:

Post a Comment