Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Child


Wish you were my child
The way you look
The way you smiled
Really, I wish you were
My child

Wish you were my child
So innocent and kind
With you, I`d spend all
My time

Your face is so bright
You act so polite
I wouldn`t think
To hurt you despite
Only wish you were
My child

You`re different from
Every other child
Our few moments together
Makes life worthwhile
Hope your parents
Don`t mind
The way I seem to
Define my love for you
With songs, poems and rhymes
But deep inside
I really wish you were
My child
My own, my bone, my flesh
And my soul, my home
My goal
And everything I own
Would belong to you
My one and only child

Wonder how
Some people hurt you.
They want to destroy you.
They don`t remember
That they too were allowed to enjoy childhood
 Like they should
Allow you to.

It pained me, it ache me
But thank God he made me
With a tender heart
So I could have love
Towards every child
Around me

Wish you were my child
Wish every child were
My child
Look at the faces in
Various places
Don`t let them go astray
Don`t throw them
In the garbage
Like something wasted.

Love them, Hug them
Appreciate them.
If they need a friend,
Be there for them.

Don`t you wish
That child
Were your child

No comments:

Post a Comment