Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Poverty


All my life I’ve lived
I toiled and suffered
And battled it daily
Poverty is a demon that deprives you
Of everything you have

Poverty, poverty
I lived in poverty
I have felt the shame and disgrace of poverty
 I have felt the brutal assault of reality
When it comes to poverty
My very life is the perfect example of poverty

I yearned for riches
But none would come
My way
All I see is just poverty
Rearing its ugly head everyday
Poverty, oh my lord

Why me? I often asked
Only wishing that this
Would soon pass
But it forever lingers
With no intent of relief
Is causing me too much grief

Poverty, poverty
Need I say more?
Well it seems I will
Have to remain poor

1 comment:

  1. Poverty is another poem from my book titled Broken Wings https://www.createspace.com/3724871?ref=1147694&utm_id=6026

    ReplyDelete